Create higher-quality characters, props, environments, and visual effects with Autodesk Maya 2014 3D animation software. Maya helps increase production pipeline efficiency with new next-generation display technology, more efficient workflows, and new tools for handling complex data.
Accelerate modeling workflows with an expanded, integrated feature set built on technology from the NEX toolset from dRaster. New functions:
- Access new selection, transformation, and mesh-editing tools in one place with the new Modeling Toolkit panel.
- Work on posed meshes, with new topology-based Symmetry tools.
- Retopologize meshes using the new Quad Draw tool.
- Reduce clicks with a new Multi-Cut tool that combines Split/Cut Faces and Insert Edge Loop tools.
Automatically center joints in a mesh with the new Snap to Projected Center snapping mode. Create symmetric joint chains with new Joint Tool options.
Create large, complex worlds more easily with new Scene Assembly tools for smarter data that help you:
- Manage production assets in Maya as discrete elements, each with complete support for multiple representations.
- Easily swap between certain different representations, varying levels of detail, so you can select an appropriate balance between fidelity and performance for the task at hand.
- Apply, animate, or query edits at levels in the scene assembly hierarchy.
- Track overrides on assemblies via an improved edits system for better collaborative workflows.
- Use the robust API to customize the toolset to create proprietary solutions.
Mark up animation directly within the 3D scene with the Grease Pencil, an intuitive animation tool that directors, clients and others can easily use to record notes and mark up performances.
Quickly and easily diagnose and fix broken file paths
with a new File Path Editor, and work with non-local data with new URI support.
For 64-bit Maya 2014
- Windows® 7 or Windows 8 Professional, Apple® Mac OS® X 10.7.x or 10.8.x, or Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 6.2 WS operating system
- Three-button mouse
- Intel® or AMD® multi-core processor
- 4 GB of RAM minimum (8 GB recommended)
- 2 GB of free disk space for installation
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer®, Apple® Safari®, or Mozilla® Firefox® web browser
Refer to the qualified hardware wizard for a detailed list of recommended systems and graphics cards.
Note: Autodesk Maya 2014 is also capable of running on certain other configurations: boutique distributions of Linux. However, enumerating systems that are not tested and cannot be supported or that fall below the Autodesk recommended minimum system requirements for a productive user experience is beyond the scope of the Autodesk online certification charts.
Autodesk is not responsible for errors or failures of Autodesk software arising from the installation of updates, extensions, or new releases issued by third-party hardware or software vendors for the certified software, or hardware identified in this document (or for any other third-party software or hardware that you may use in connection with Autodesk products).