Buy an Autodesk® Alias® Design 2013 software license online with Autodesk® Subscription and gain a powerful advantage with Autodesk® 360 cloud benefits and a variety of other features to help you get the most out of your Autodesk software.
For an annual fee, Subscription customers get convenient access to:*
Learn More About Subscription
- Autodesk 360 cloud benefits—Increase mobility, improve collaboration, and optimize designs with 25GB of cloud-based storage space per seat on Subscription, along with cloud-based services that complement your software.
- Software upgrades—Stay current with the latest product releases.
- Flexible licensing—Work with previous versions of your software. Use it at home or in multiple locations.
- Advanced Technical support—Resolve issues and get back to work with help from product support specialists.
*The availability of Subscription benefits varies by language and region and may change over time.
Features in Autodesk Alias Design 2013 industrial design software support concept visual communication, design modeling, production ready surface modeling, real-time design visualization, and engineering development collaboration.
New Skin Tool
Control the creation of a skin surface more completely. Gain exceptional flexibility for concept or technical surfacing by raising the midpoint of the surface with Proportional Crown.
Autodesk Vault Features
Check items in and out, and use advanced search features such as date, creator, and title to permit easy storage and access to project files, now that Autodesk® Vault software features are accessible directly in the Alias UI.
Collapse and Expand Windows
Maximize screen real estate. Automatically open by proximity or by manual selection so core commands remain minimized until needed. Use grouping to create unique window combinations that are specific to your workflow.
Modify Range Options
Interactively change the start and end of a surface with new Modify Range options inside several tools. Modify Range has been added in the following tools:
- Free-Form Blend
- Fillet Flange
- Tube Flange
Diagnostic Shade Enhancements
Move lights independent of the camera with an enhanced light function. Control surface diagnostics with unique control over azimuth and elevation. The ability to move diagnostic Shaders onto Shelves, Control Panel, and Marking menus enhances workflow and customization.
Multi Surface Draft Enhancements
Adjust angle and length manipulators at the same time. Create complex geometry within one command with the ability to have variable angles and lengths, in combination with control over the surface U & V construction.
Align Command Improvements
Toggle between adjacent ends of a surface while applying the Align. New Vector options using construction planes provide additional flexibility to the overall workflow. Reduce the need to input repetitive options or values with remembered defined settings, such as blending and continuity.
Intersections are now supported. Better distinguish between the keep and discard portions of a surface using intuitive colored indicators. Reduce workflow interruptions with additional options for selecting interior faces.
Autodesk Alias Design 2013 System Requirements
- Microsoft® Windows® 7, Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional SP3 or XP Professional x64® edition SP2, or Apple® Mac OS® X 10.6.2 or greater
- 2 GHz Intel® or equivalent AMD Opteron™ processor
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB or more highly recommended)
- Disk space requirements
- For Autodesk® Alias® Automotive: 6.5 GB free hard disk space
- For Autodesk® Alias® Surface: 4 GB free hard disk space
- For Autodesk® Alias® Design: 5 GB free hard disk space
- Supported NVIDIA® or ATI graphics card with a minimum of 256 MB dedicated texture memory*
- DVD-ROM drive
- Three-button mouse
- Wacom® graphics tablet for sketching
- .NET 4.0 framework
Get detailed information about operating system and hardware options.
*Graphics card and driver must fully support the OpenGL® 2.0 specification in order to take advantage of the advanced hardware rendering features.
Autodesk reserves the right to alter product offerings and specifications at any time without notice, and is not responsible for typographical or graphical errors that may appear in this document.
Autodesk is not responsible for errors or failures of Autodesk software arising from the installation of updates, extensions, or new releases issued by third party hardware or software vendors for the certified software or hardware identified in this document (or for any other third party software or hardware that you may use in connection with Autodesk products).